Facts You Should Know
There are many misconceptions surrounding hearing loss. Most people associate hearing loss with growing older, but the truth is hearing loss can happen at any age. Here are some facts you may not know about hearing loss and who it affects:
- Across all age groups, in the United States, approximately 1,000,000 people (0.38% of the population) suffer from some sort of hearing loss. More than half of people with hearing loss are younger than age 65.
- Most people that suffer from hearing loss wait anywhere between 7 to 10 years after being diagnosed to consider purchasing a hearing aid.
- Hearing loss can’t be cured but with proper treatment and plan of action, it can be helped. About 2 million people wear hearing aids.
- Did you know that our ears never stop hearing? Even when we sleep, our brains simply ignore the incoming sounds. Our hearing is important not only for maintaining healthy relationships, but also for keeping your cognitive functions working properly.
- Hearing loss in adults can contribute in the development of problems with cognitive functions and memory.
- The electronic hearing aid was developed in the early 1950’s. The first full digital hearing aid became commercially available in the mid 1990’s.
- One in three people develop hearing loss because of exposure to damaging noise. Hearing protection reduces the intensity, or loudness, of noise and will help maintain one’s hearing.
It is important to know the symptoms of hearing loss. Symptoms can include having trouble following a conversation, often misunderstanding what others are saying, or having to constantly ask others to repeat themselves during regular conversations. If you or someone you love are experiencing any of these symptoms, call one of our clinics today to make an appointment for a FREE hearing screening. Schedule Your FREE Hearing Screening! Contact the location nearest you.
- Complimentary Hearing Screenings
- Hearing Aid Demonstrations
- Routine and Diagnostic Testing
- Latest Hearing Technology
- Programming and Adjustments
- In-Office Repairs and Cleaning
- Hearing Instrument Repairs
- Batteries and Other Accessories
- Extended Warranties Available
- Evaluation Period for All New Hearing Aids
- Referral Rewards Program
- 0% Financing Available
We include our Lifetime Comprehensive Hearing Healthcare Package with the purchase of every hearing device!
- Prompt in-person service with unlimited visits
- Annual hearing screenings
- Regularly scheduled cleaning and servicing
- Unlimited adjustments to devices as needed
- No charge device related office visits
- No charge repairs within the warranty period
- No charge in-office repairs for life *
- Free batteries during the warranty period
- Earmolds included at no charge as needed †
- No additional charges or fees for maintenance! **